Thursday 1 January 2015

Dr Paw Paw Original Balm Review

Hello my beauties I hope you are all well :) 
I took some time off for Christmas to spend it with my kiddies of course but I have been trying out alot of new products while Ive taken the time off and I am super excited to finally share them all with you :)  First of all Let me wish you an amazingly Happy New Year and I hope 2015 brings you nothing but Health Happiness and lots of Love :) 
I am sure aot of you are wondering how I came across this products I am reviewing and believe me only for a friend of mine I would never have heard about it.  i was heping out a couple of friends of mine at ta charity do selling makeup etc and I was having a conversation with one of my friends whose name is Alva ;)  She is a lovely woman and has  done a lot of dermatological courses and makeup. and also brilliant with makeup.  I was asking her lots about skin and while she was telling me she stuck her hand in her handbag and took this tube out.  Of course curiousity got the better of me and I asked her what the product was :)  She was shocked That I never her of the product and told me that she never leaves anywhere without it :)  
She gave me a bit of it and I just knew from then on I had to have one in my handbag 
 This product has become a hit in my home since I got it.  Not only a hit with me but with my kiddies also :) 
As you know the hardest of weather has hit us the past couple of weeks and it has been a blessing to have this product in my bag :)  In-fact it has become my HG Balm for 2015 already.  

Let me tell you a little about Dr PawPaw before I go on with the review.  Dr Paw Paw is a british company.  The owner of Dr Paw Paw was away in a foreign country when he discovered some cream/balm containing papaya fruit that was sold as a lip protector and moisturiser.  His family tired it and loved it.  When they got back to the UK they could not find anything like it so thats where they came up with creating Dr Paw Paws original Balm :)  
Lets talk Ingredients :) 

Carica Papaya
This nutrient-rich fruit is full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. It contains calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, vitamins A and C and acetogenins which, when applied externally, helps in aiding skin repair, adding moisture and smoothing and tightening the skin.

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil
Olive oil has a variety of benefits for skin and hair, due to its vast amount of antioxidants. Olive Oil contains Vitamin A and E but the most potent compound is Hydroxytyrosol. This rare antioxidant prevents free radical damage on skin cells and is absorbed deeply into the skin. It has many anti-inflammatory properties and is great for dry skin and hair.

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice
A desert plant with amazing abilities to absorb and restore moisture. It contains more than 200 different plant constituents that promote glowing, youthful looking skin and hair.
- Retains and restores moisture to lips, skin and hair.
- ‘Bathes’ skin cells and helps promote skin regeneration.
- Helps minimise appearance of pore size.
- Excellent ingredient for skin cleansing and toning.


What amazes me is the fact that this is a multitasking balm.  You can use it for :

Your Lips:  which I have to say fells amazingly moisturising soft and gives a beautiful sheen to your lips.  It also helps sooth chapped and dried out lips which my whole family has been suffering the past 2 weeks.  My 5 year old daughter infact is hooked on it and asks me every single day for it on her lips :)  

For controlling your brows:  I have used this on my brows and I love it.  It keeps my brows in place all day long which the hairs feels hard and stiff 

For your cuticles:  which I have been using on my nails alot lately too.  My poor hands are so dry lately that around my nail beds I have wicks of skin looking horrible.  This balm has bee helping sooth that especially when I cant help but pick at the wicks :( 

This is not only for women but for men too and men can use this on their faces to help sooth their skin after shaving.  Men tend to not look after their skin as much as women but they too suffer with dry skin, sensitive skin etc.  This is great to help them too 
I have used this on my legs after shaving and my legs feel smooth soft and of course leaves a natural shine.  

For hair:  Try rubbing a little of this balm on the ends of your hair to help nourish the dry ends and split ends :)  I have to admit I havent tried it on my hair yet but will try it next and let you know how I get on.  

I do suffer with dry skin and sometimes I suffer with psoriasis which only appears in certain areas.  My psoriasis only appears when im stressed tired or worrying about something and of course with christmas been and gone us mums cant help but stress.  So a little psoriasis appeared on my skin and I applied this balm on them areas.  After 2 weeks its gone so it certainly helped.  

Nappy Rash :  Which in all honesty I have not tried as my babys are a long time out of nappies 

I have tried this on my elbows and knees and again works great for keeping moisture on those areas 

Use this balm on the pressure points of your wrists before spraying your perfume and it makes the scent last longer in that area. 

You literally can use this everywhere.  It even says you can use this on bites and stings which again I havent tried on as there has been no experiences as of yet since I got this but will keep you updated.  
So mums, dads, kiddies, grandmums, makeup artists etc is going to love this balm and make use of it in their own way.  
I plan on experimenting more this is beauty I have some great ideas :) :) 
For example try adding a dust of your favourite loose powered blush to make a tinted lip balm for your lips ;)  



The texture of this lip balm is super thick which means you only need a half pea sized amount to do yours lips.  I wasnt expecting this to be as thick as it is.  
I smiled when I realised as it means this tube which is 25mls will last a long time :)
One thing I have to admit is not alot of pharmacies sell this yet in Ireland :(  but make sure you do ask around.  I found mine in a local pharmacy and I also was told that Dr Paw Paw is available in selected Pharmacies in Ireland.  One of these pharmacies in Lynch's Pharmacy in Meath.  
The tube will cost you €8.99 which I did think was a little steep at first but not anymore !!! Its worth every cent.  
Dr Paw Paw does have an online website but only ships to the UK at the moment :(  I really hope they ship internationally soon as i would love to try their new tinted Balms :)  They look amazing 

I really hope you enjoyed this review :) :) Let me know your thoughts :) 
Until Next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 



















I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

the creation of beauty is art. said...

This sounds like a really wonderful product! I am glad you found out about it :)
Wishing you a wonderful New Year!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wishing you happy New Year

I must say it is an amazing addition in the bag of 2015. After reading your review I also went through

couple of other reviews on internet about this and I found out it as a wonderful product. I am sure it is

going to make hit among rest of Health & Beauty Products.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...