Sunday 25 May 2014

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent

Hello my beauties I hope you are all well 
Today's review is on the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent 
I have been looking for a transparent powder for a while now and of course its hard to find a good one.  Why Transparent I hear you ask?!  Well I think everyone should have a transparent powder in their kit especially you beauty lovers who have alot of makeup.  
We all tend to go for powders that match out foundations (which can be a pain as it is hard to find) or even powders that are lighter or darker than or foundations but sometimes or most of the time the only reason we need a powder is to set out makeup or to touch up out oily t-zones.  
That is where a transparent Powder comes in.  It adds no colour only sets our makeup and gets rid of that dreaded shine we tend to get.  It doesn't add that texture we end up getting especially when using powders after a few hours.  Or it doesn't give you that cakey look that some powders can end up giving you.  Also when we powder after a few hours we tend to notice after powdering that it has soaked into our fine lines and enlarged pores.  Not a pretty sight at all eh? 
Well with Summer in and The weather getting warmer (well not here but maybe where you are Typical Irish weather huh)  this is the time we need our compacts more as we tend to get very oily and shiny in heated weather 
I had to go for Rimmel Stay Matte as I've heard it is pretty good, in fact i have heard no bad reviews so far about it 

So let me begin by telling you what skin type I am.  I have combination to dry skin and I thought at first that this little beauty might me a no no for me because its Called Stay Matte but it is depending on what foundation I use I do get oily on my t-zone and sometimes on my cheeks as I suffer with enlarged pores.  My enlarged pores are more noticeable when the weather is warm and I hate it.  So basically I got this for that reason 
The packaging is very lightweight.  The lid is twist able but be careful when carrying this around in your bag as it can break if your bag is stood on or thrown.  Apart from that the packaging is no that important as its to be expected with such an affordable price.  

The Powder will well compacted and has the rimmel design printed on it.  Rimmel Claim that this powder will giving up to 5 hours natural shine control and helps minimise the appearance of pores.  As this shade is Transparent some people have said that there is a tint of colour to it.  I find its more on the white side than colour side

Do not worry though as this white shade will not lighten your foundation it blends out into a transparent finish.  
Overall i have had a great experience with this powder I have used it to set my makeup and noticed my foundation has stayed matte throughout the day.  I have also used this powder to set my concealer under my eyes and its perfect and does not settle into my fine lines.  As for minimising my pore it surely does that :)  I found this powder is not chalky and while using a large powder brush it picks us just the right amount of product to do my face.  Which mean no wastage of product.  My face does not feel dry after using it which is also a bonus as I hate that dry feeling you do get from some powders.  I have put this to the test by wearing a BB cream which has a dewy finish on a day that I knew I was going to be cooking alot :)  

So picture this:  A full face of Makeup,  Cooking in a medium side kitchen, all kitchen windows and doors shut cooking for 2 hours straight, lots of steam, and of course the range fire lit.  Yes you can imagine my face after that if I did not set my makeup.  Well Surprisingly My face stayed matte I was shocked and happy all at the same time :)  Delighted with this product and highly recommend this to anyone who has oily problems :) 
This picture was taken 2 hours after that engorged heat in the kitchen as you can see I am a little shiny under the eyes but nothing cray cray apart from that I stayed shine free LOVE IT !!!!!

 Anyone with dry skin will not benefit from this of course :) as it is a mattifying product.  I did find this powder did me throughout the day even after 10 hours of wear but if you are extra oily you will probably need to touch up after about 7 hours wear .  I even used this powder on my younger sister as she is oily and acne prone and as I applied a BB Cream on her she needed something to set that into place to last her for the night as BB creams can be quite shiny especially on oily skin.  I also had to use this to set her concealer for her blemishes and it did not cake up once.  here is her finished look as you can see she is naturally shine in the first photo and with wearing a BB cream made her look extra shiny but thanks to the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent it made her look more natural and shine free without the heaviness of foundation and coloured powders.  Just to show you how matte and natural this powder is I used the flash of my camera to take the 2nd photo


I hope you enjoyed this review and let me know if you have tried this out yet :) 
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 
























I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks so nice on! Great review Nina :D x

Simona said...

Hey Nina, what BB cream did you use on your younger sister? looks FAB! :) btw..good review

Unknown said...

Sarah Thanks hunny xxxxxx

Simona I used the MUA (makeup academy ) bb cream hunny :)

the creation of beauty is art. said...

I've always heard great things about this powder. Such a great price for it, too. You look great!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

MITCH said...

This powder has been on my wish list. Love the oil control!

xx,
felishmichelle.blogspot.com

Jess | The Indigo Hours said...

I agree that transparent powder is an absolute essential! This sounds fab, think I'm going to have to try it, although I tend to prefer loose powder :)

Jess xo

Unknown said...

I really need to get this, it sounds great!

Fluffy's Reviews said...

I've been using this powder for years and always go back to it. I was given a gift of MACs blot powder and that isn't anything near as good as Rimmel stay matte. The rimmel powder is so cheap and affordable compared to MAC, and its so much better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...