Friday 24 January 2014

Wet n Wild Megalast Liquid Lip Color Review

Hello My beauties How are you all today :) 
I absolutely love it when i share with you my good experiences with products and the fact that 98% of what I have reviewed are all positive but there are times I feel I should share with you products that I have had bad experiences with also.  After all we like to know this as much as all the good dont we?  Well i like to get warned about products that I might think would work for me but infact could end up been a bad buy. 

This review is one of those bad experiences reviews :(  which I am sad to say as Wet N Wild is a huge favourite of mine and it will continue to be but of course there is always one or two products from every brand that does not live up to their expectations.  After all they can not be always perfect can they? 

This is one product that did not live up to my expectations and it really does sadden me to say this it really does because everything apart from its performance impressed me alot with these Megalast Liquid Lip colors but before i show you why it disappointed me let me tell you a little about this first 
To Be honest I am still a little confused at the prospect of this because after reading reviews from other bloggers they painted a picture of this product been amazing yet I come across other reviews in which bloggers had not so amazing reviews about it so of course I just had to find out for myself.  
What I love about Wet N Wild is the amazing amazing pigmentation they offer on all their products be it their eyeshadows ,  their blushes and their lip products so you can only imagine the pigmentation these Liquid Lip Colours have to offer and I can not put a wrong marking on that as they are extremely pigmented.  One of my favourite Lip Products from Wet N Wild is the Mega Last Lip Color Lipsticks they are the bomb the pigmentation is amazing they are smooth and last so so long on the lips 
Wet n Wild did not go wrong with pigmentation on these Liquid Lip Colors either in fact they are so pigmented you really have to take care while applying them or you will have a mess (in a good way) 
Dont they look beautiful :)  Wet n Wild state:
Intense liquid color with built-in moisturizer provides one-step application for weightless, ultra-conditioning wear that lasts up to 8 hours. ElastiSilk formula combines flexible color adhesion with silky-smooth pigments for transfer-proof, even application. Paraben-free formula conditions and moisturizes with vitamin E that helps promote anti-aging, protects the skin's moisture barrier, and balances the lip's natural hydration for a healthy-looking, plump pout all day.
Well now let me tell you when I swatches these on my arm first I seen the promises coming to reality honest one swipe of this and I had instant pigmentation.  I could see the moisture and shine from the swatches and I could also see it dried into what looked like the perfect matte finish.  After it dried there was no budging it whatsoever and even when i tried to scrub this off my arm with soap and a scrub brush it only half budged off my arm as you can see below.  

I made sure to prep my lips by ex-foliating and applying balm as I knew these were a stain.  At first application the liquid lip color looked amazing I literally only used one coat to completely cover my lips and it felt very smooth creamy and moisturising never mind the shades look fantastic 

Thats when my smile turned upside down.  Once the product started to dry on my lips it felt stick and heavy and I could get this horrible gloopy feeling on my lips.  Not only that but I felt my lips had never touch a drop of water in about 2 weeks oh my goodness.  Then i looked in the mirror and too my horror I see the horrible vision in front of me :( 

This happened to both lip products and to be honest I tried everything I mean everything to make these babies work.  My lips were in perfect condition, I even dabbed my lips a little with tissue to review the oils from my balm to see would that work.  I applied a lip pencil first then applied a thin layer of this over and the same thing happened.  
The only way I could remove this was to use an oil based make-up remover otherwise this was not going anywhere.  
It is such a pity they did not work out for me as the idea of them were brilliant.  Maybe Wet n Wild has already taken note of this and possibly working on the formula i really hope so because only for that they would be amazing.  As i stated before Wet N Wild has never disappointed me before and quite possibly ever again this is just one product out of many I have tried that didn't work for me.  

Have you tried these before?  Did they work for you ? 
Until next time
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 















I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6 comments:

Kerro said...

these look like yet another alternaive to the lime crime velvetines. nothing i have tried lives up to them! they are so pigmented and the matte fibish really works! x

DEE said...

Thank you for the swatches. Could you please recommend some nice lip stain brands? I am a lip gloss kinda girl.

Warm Regards.
D.

the creation of beauty is art. said...

Oh what a letdown! The pigmentation really is beautiful. What a shame that it ended up feeling so drying!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

Nicol said...

they definitely remind me of the rimmel apocalips!

Tana Ligato - SEO said...

Hmmm, what a pity... They have such amazing colors, but if they dry down like this I won't be even trying them.

Have you tried Matte Me by Sleek? What do you think about them, Nina?

I love your blog, cheers from sunny Andalusia, Spain :)

Unknown said...

Kerri I havent tried them yet I must give them a shot xxxxx

Dellilah the Rimmel apolips are absolutely amazing hunny so is the revlon lip stains they are none drying and last for ages

Shannon it is such a pity as they are so so affordable i hope they change the formula

nicol I love the Rimmel Apocolips they are not as drying and last for ages and of course look great :)

Tana I havent tried the Matte Me yet hunny but do plan to :) :) Thank so much for your comment hunny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...