Sunday 8 December 2013

NYX Bohemian Chic Palette

Hello My beauties How are you all today?
I feel I need to explain why I have been so absent from blog posts.  I was telling you all in my last blog post that my kiddies were sickly and that I had no time only to look after them.  Well surprisingly enough I ended up catching what they had and have been suffering the past week with it.  I never normally get sick and never have been to the doctor but to be honest i feel a doctors trip will be in need tomorrow as I can seem to fight this one on my own.  So my apologies for been so slow but you know as soon as I am feeling better I will be back to regular posts again.  Today in fact I have a new blog post for you simply because I miss blogging so so much and even if it takes me forever to type it up I will get it posted :) :) 
Todays blog post is on the NYX Bohemian Chic Palette.  I was attracted to this palette for quite some time now and I finally got the chance to purchase it when Cherry Culture were doing their amazing 40% off everything sale a couple of months ago :) 
This palette is not entirely new It was released about a year ago

I have to say I love matte eyeshadows and that's what I attracted me to this palette.  I was a little sceptic about the fact that the pigmentation would be  a let down as there is alot of drugstore brands out there who dont have the best matte eyeshadows.  Matte eyeshadows are amazing for natural looks, for people who have hooded eyes, for blending and of course brilliant for women of age.  As shimmery eyeshadows always highlight problems such as hooded eyes and fine lines.  So its nice to have matte eyeshadows in your collection for them reasons. 
As I mentioned before I got this palette at 40% its marked price but its normal price is only $16/€11/£10 from Cherry Culture 
That in my eyes is an amazing price for what you are getting in this palette :)  

The packaging is plain and simple a black plastic palette with a built in mirror.  The lid is sturdy and secure :) :) 
Inside the palette is what's more important :) :)  When you first open the palette you see 18 beautiful neutral eyeshadows and then there is a tray to open underneath where you get 6 more eyeshadows and 2 blushes :) :) 

Nyx state that these eyeshadows are matte but my first impressions was that there was a few well at least half of the eyeshadows looked like they had a little shimmer in them.  When I finally swatched these babies they sort of confirmed what I thought.  They are more demi-matte than matte but in no way shimmery.  
Starting with the top row of shades these eyeshadow are in fact nicely pigmented considering they are demi-matte shades.  They feel soft and creamy.  There is some shades on the first row that need a little more swatching than others due to lack of pigmentation but with a little more swatching they appeared nicely.  Another thing I noticed was some were more chalky than others but with a good primer they settle beautifully on the lid.  With all these shades you have the option of dozens of day time looks which is perfect for any working/travelling/school going  woman as they are all in the one palette.  :) 

The second layer included 6 more shades which are a little more pigmented and colourful simply for pop of colour or for that nice little change from the simple browns.  I love how nyx included these to the palette for that extra option.  Not only that you are getting 2 beautiful shades of blush one is more on the neutral peachy side and the other gives a nice rosey healthy strong glow to the cheeks.  I have to admit the second row was more impressive to me as they were not as chalky as the first plus have a lovely amount of pigmentation without making the effort to layer.  

So honest opinion? 
I have to say This palette is worth every cent you can create alot of neutral looks with it.  Its handy for travelling and also a nice gift to give to any young teen who is been introduced to make-up.  The shadows go on sheer but can be build able and with a good primer they last all day long.  It would not be one of my favourite palettes but I have certainly got worse palettes.  Marks out of 10 would have to be 7 :) :) 
Have you tried this palette yet?  Would it be something you are looking for?
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 






















I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

B said...

This palette looks great Nina! Hope you get better soon. X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...