Wednesday 10 July 2013

Blank Canvas Cosmetics (BCC) 26 Shadow Blush Palette Review

Hello my beauties How are you all doing today :) 
Awww I am enjoying this fantastic amazing weather.  Why go abroad when we are blessed with this massive heat wave :)  The worst thing is because I am out doors all the time having full blown makeup on is a killer so most of the time I have no makeup on but its still nice to play away with your makeup even on the hottest day I just cant help myself.  Especially when you get this palette for the first time :) :) 
I am sure you all know at this stage I am a huge fan of BCC I have many reviews done on brushes I have tried and love and also another Palette I own If you missed them and want to check them out click here for my reviews 
So I noticed I hadnt been shopping on the site a while and there was another palette I wanted to try out and to my amazement the palette i wanted to try out was on special offer and guess what IT STILL IS.  
I have a little thing for palettes in general to be honest I find them so so convenient and there is alot more variation in them plus they save alot of space.  If anyone asked me which would i give up my single eyeshadows or palettes I would easily say singles.  
This palette is called the 25 Shadow Blush Palette and costs only €11.99 RRP €18.99 
In this palette you are getting 21 eyeshadows and 5 blushes 
The eyeshadows are not far off the size of a single Mac Eyeshadow and the Blushes are twice the size of the eyeshadows so you are getting a very generous amount in both for such a cheap cheap price.  
The packaging is not at all different to the rest of the palettes from BCC its a simple black plastic palette.  Its very light weight and very slim which is supper handy for travelling.  What I love about this palette is that it doesnt come with the sponge tip eyeshadow brushes that we most of the time throw out or find annoying which leaves even more space for the shadows and blushes themselves.  
The one thing I noticed when choosing this palette was the fact it contained all neutral shadows which is perfect for everyone 
I actually opened this palette in the sun for the first time and when the sun shined on these shades it was like the angels where singing in my head awwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Just the perfect palette for me.  
But as you all ask and I surely asked yes the shades look beautiful but how is the pigmentation and of course their performance.  Well thats what us beauty bloggers is all about.  But, Try, Test and review :) ;) :) 
The shades actually surprised me alot to be honest.  The pigmentation of these when I first swatched them took little to no effort at all.  
Starting with the eyeshadows as i mentioned before your are getting 21 eyeshadows.  A mixture of Shimmery, Satin and Matte.  The first thing I did notice about the shades was that there was no black which is quite unusual for a shadow palette but not a huge deal as most of us have palettes in our collection with a black shadow in it :) 
Another thing I noticed was most of the shadows are warm shades The perfect palette for every season but mostly for summer and Autumn because there is the perfect mixtures of oranges and golds and taupe shades 
There is not one shade in this palette I would not use and they all work amazingly.  You are getting about 5 matte shades which are a little less pigmented than the other shades simply because nearly all matte shades are like that but building them up takes no effort.  Most of the shadows are satin which I love as they are the most pigmented after that there is a few shimmery shades which also look and work great.  With a primer these shadows last all day long and to be honest I picked a very hot day to use this palette to put it to the test not only that but literally walked up a mountain on the day and put it this way I used about 10 blotting papers after to soak up the "water off my face" but the eyeshadow barely moved afterwards ok it wasn't as pigmented as i first applied it but I was expecting alot more mess lol 
Now onto the blushes 
Let me just remind you of what they look like 
Starting from left to right you are getting 
A light peachy shade 
A light baby pink shade (which is almost too sheer for anyone apart from maybe someone who is at the palest of skintones)
A peachy taupey shade which in my eyes is the perfect shade for those dark eye looks where you just want to have a little colour but that much on the cheeks 
A deep purple shade which I thought straight away would look amazing on a woman of colour and lastly but not lease 
A orangey red with a tint of brown and with gold shimmer this shade is amazing :) :) 
The blushes are nicely pigmented a little on the chalky side but works great on the cheeks. 
I did notice the blush faded quicker than the shadows I would say the blush lasts about 5 to 6 hours before you notice any fading.  If you are using the lighter shades you will notice they fade quicker than the more pigmented ones.  
Over all I am well impressed with this palette you have alot of variety for such an affordable price.  This palette is perfect for everyone from makeup artists, to free lancers, to even people who travel alot and dont want to bring too much beauty products with them in fact its even perfect for anyone on a budget as you are getting more than your moneys worth.  I am going to post up a simple everyday look I tried out with this palette.  I didnt plan on a look I just opened the palette and played away with some shades and I was impressed that all of these shades are designed to work with each other.  In the photo I am also wearing the 3rd blush just for a wash of colour to my cheeks.  
Thumbs up again for Blank Canvas Cosmetics and thumbs up for this palette for sure 
If you are planning on doing a little shop on the Blank Canvas Site I have a little code for you simply enter "NINA" in the code section and you will get a wee discount plus there is a Loyalty sale going on so take advantage as you wont be disappointed 
I hope you are all well and enjoying this amazing weather 
Until Next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 




I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

beautyqueenuk said...

I have never heard of them, but this looks fantastic xx

Beautyqueenuk

Jess | The Indigo Hours said...

This looks like a lovely range of shades! The blushers look super pretty, too :)

Jess xo

Unknown said...

This palette looks great, the blushers are really nice.

Audrey- The Nail Affair said...

Wow! I've looked past this palette so many times, but these colours are seriously pigmented and pretty! And the blushes are lovely:) I love the look you created!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...