Wednesday 26 September 2012

Catrice Made To Stay Longlasting Eyeshadow Collection

Hey my Beauties How are you all doing?
About a couple of weeks ago I went on a small shopping trip to get the last bits i needed for my kiddies for school and i could help but head over to one of my favourite stores Penney's 
When there at the checkout was the Catrice and Essence stand.  On both stands i could see the word "New" in lots of places and i thought oh my gosh i just have to :) 
So i came across 2 new shades of the Catrice Made to Stay Longlasting Eyeshadows.  They have been a favourite of mine since i first started buying Catrice.  I ended up just picking one as the other shade did not appeal to me.  When i got home I put it along side my other made to stay eyeshadow and then it just clicked "I have not reviewed these yet :O" 
I do have to laugh at myself sometimes as if i try something new 9 times out of 10 i always review them but when you get so used to using something and have it so long you tend to take it for granted like i really really should have reviewed these before now because i love them so much 
Anyways i am babbling sorry :) 
Elegant, shiny metallic cream eyeshadows that are long-lasting and convincing. Easy to apply, the intensively pigmented texture seems to melt on your eyelid without settling in the crease or smudging. All day and all night long.
Ctrice only recently got rid of 2 shades in these eyeshadows and bought in 2 new shades.  One of the shades that is discontinued is the 030 Star was Here but im sure you can still get it in some stores and probably even at a reduced price and i have one of the newest shade 070 Mauvie Star 
So the Packaging is one of the things i love about these.  They remind me a little of the Maybelline color tattoo.  The jar is glass and it comes with a plastic lid.  This certainly would fool people into thinking you paid more than 5 euro in which is all they cost in most place but you could get them even cheaper, plus you are getting 5g of product for that.   The only fault i have maybe with the jar is that its hard to get the product out the more you use it you would certain find it awkward to get your finger to pick up any product without picking up too much.  
So on with the shades i have so far :) 
020 Romans gone Bad:  This is my very first one that i bought and fell in love with (as you can tell by the messy pot sorry about that lol)  This shade is amazing both on its own or as a base for a smokey eye.  I love this shade as its all depending on the lighting but you will get a tint of grey, brown and gold even though i would explain this as a pewter :)  I tend to wear this on its own alot for everyday wear and when i run it lightly on my bottom lash line it looks like i have a different shade on depending on the lighting :) 
030 Star was here:  This is another great base for a dark smokey eye.  Its a dark grey with silver shimmer.  I have found that the shimmer in this is more noticeable.  I have found that this little beautiful is a little hard to work with if you apply too much in the one go it will tend to move about a little and become a nightmare to blend so what i would advise is to apply lightly and build up on it as it works alot better that way 
040 Lord of the Blings:  As from last month this shade has been discontinued but might still be available in some stores and for sure half price......This shade is more of a light taupe with silver shimmer even though it pays off as a champagne shade.  This is perfect for those days you need that extra boost to make you look wide away....Them days i wear all over the lid.  Other days i use this as a inner corner highlight in which works really well and then i sometimes use this as a base.  This too like "Star was here" needs to be built up but the shade is stunning i was actually surprised it was discontinued 
  050 Medall of Honor:  Now this certainly reminds me of the Maybelline "Bad to the Bronze" Color tattoo which is my favourite :) only this is a little darker.  This is a bronzy/brown shade with gold shimmer.  I absolutely love this shade as Maybelline "bad to the bronze" is so so popular this is one shade that will rock everyones boat especially when its half the price of the color tattoo.  I love this on its own, as a base or mised with other shades and i found it really makes my hazel eyes pop :) I highly recommend this shade 
070 Mauvie Star:  This is the newest shade to my collection and was only released last month.  I went with this shade as i love my purple shades.  This is a really pretty mauve purple with silver shimmer.  This is a very pretty elegant colour and would look so pretty with a little darker purple in the crease and a winged liner so elegant it would look lovely on a bride :) this is so easy to work it and so creamy i love it :) 
Ok to cut a long story short these eyeshadows are amazing.  They do exactly what it says on the pot.  I found they lasted all day on me no problems and i have even tested them on someone who has very oily lids and they lasted 6 hours before moving on their lids.  I then tested them on her lids with a primer and she said they lasted a solid 12 hours on her without creasing.  I would highly recommend these to everyone who doesn't mind metallic eyeshadows.  They look stunning on their own and are brilliant as a base.  
The fact there is only 6 shades to choose from is a downer :( I really hope Catrice brings out more shades.  You can apply these with your fingers or any eye brush they blend out really well and you have enough time to blend it out before it drys.  

Have you tried any of these eyeshadows?  What is your favourite one.  
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 









I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing review as usual :)
They look awesome!
I wish we had Catrice in Greece though :/
xxx

Drea In Real Life said...

Mauve Star is really pretty :) x

Ms. Prettyful Girl said...

Hello! I'm new to your blog. First post I've read and I love it! Great photos and a wonderful friendly, yet informative way of writing. Great blog!

StephanieLouise said...

Love these, wish we had access to them!

Unknown said...

Artemi Sweety thanks so much as always you leave the loveliest comments xxx

DancingWithDisaster yes hunny its beautiful and even nicer in person

Ms.Prettyful Girl Thank you so so much for clicking the follow button and welcome to my blog. I am so glad you have got a good impression straight away i hope you enjoy reading my future posts :)

StephanieLouise Hunny im hoping they expand soon as i dont see why they are a brilliant brand and would make it big in different countries

ABI said...

I have never tried this brand :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...