Wednesday 11 July 2012

Catrice Prime and Fine Smoothing Refiner Review

Hey my beauties I hope you are all well :) 
Today's review is on the Catrice Prime and Fine Smoothing Refiner that i have been meaning to get and try for a very long time but never got round to it until a few weeks ago.  Actually i totally forgot all about it until someone asked me had i tried it yet and i replied no and they stated they were wondering had i tried it to find out what i thought of it before they got it awwwww its so sweet that they trust my word enough to wait and see what i thought :) :) 
Anyway on with the review 
Catrice state:
the new range of professional products for an excellent foundation. Ideal preparation: the Smoothing Refiner. The oil-free silicone-based primer practically makes pores disappear and fills out wrinkles for a smooth, refined complexion. Now you’re ready for your grand entry! Comes in a high-quality jar.
You are getting 14g of product for 4.99 euros which in my eyes is a bargain straight away as like any other primer going in the market you only need the slightest bit to do your whole face :)
The Packaging is alot different to some primers i have used.  The ones i own have a pump applicator whereas this on is a plastic jar.  To be honest i would have much preferred a pump applicator due to hygienic reasons but hey we are never happy eh? But when buying this product (the fact that it has such a wide opening) make sure it is sealed as you don't know who has put their fingers to the product if the seal is broken.  
The jar is small enough for your kit or handbag that's what i do like about it :) 
Now for the product itself :) :) Well when you see it in its package it looks a sort of pale pinky shade (which spreads out clear once applied) and also looks a little on the greasy side.  It looks creamy in the pot and it certainly feels creamy to touch and to apply on face skin.  You do feel the silicone in it but the fact that its oil free this will suit most skin types :).  The Fact that you can feel the silicone might alarm some of you but believe me it doesn't create any problems. 
Now i do suffer with open pores around my nose area and i do have a few "laughing lines" ;) so I was ready willing a able to put this baby to the test first on its own it certainly shows signs of reducing pores and lines for sure you could literally see the difference straight away not a huge huge difference but some but to put it to even more of a test i put this on before a certain foundation i found to sink into my pores especially and OMG girlies its made such a huge difference i am actually in love with this product !!!! The foundation a stayed away from i have been wearing on a regular basis now thanks to Catrice Prime and Refine (as i hate wasting anything and now i can use this foundation up).  
I highly recommend this primer to everyone but especially to people who suffer with dry skin, big pores, fine lines etc you will see a difference i promise and whats more is it even makes BB creams last all day long even in the warmest days :) 
One word of advice is if you suffer with very oily eyelids do not apply this on your eyelids as i have found that it made my eyeshadow crease even with using an eye primer.  
That's the only downfall i have with it. 
Have you tried this product?
What are your views on it :) 
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 






I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11 comments:

Emilyx0- Irish Beauty Blog said...

I've seen this in shops, but weary of it, but will have to try it out after your review :)


Emily x

http://emilyx0.blogspot.ie/

Anonymous said...

yes :) i use that primer too :) and really like it. I don't use it on a daily basis, but i really like, my skin feels so soft and the foundation applies so smoothly. Do you think that we need to let it set or we can apply right away the foundation? XoXo

www.porquemaquilhagem.blogspot.pt

Unknown said...

hey emily oh yeah its defiantly worth a try hunny and for 5 euro you have nothing to lose :)

Tania i always let mine site for about 2 minutes before i apply my foundation thats my preference but i find it works for me that way :)

Anonymous said...

oh, i will try to let it set.... normally i do my makeup in a rush so i never let it set. maybe if i let my skin absorb a little more i notice more difference in my pores. I really want them to disappear !!! :( i want something like porefessional by benefit, but not so expensive.... can you recommend me something?

Unknown said...

have you tried Maybelline instant age rewind face primer or rimmels fix and perfect emily noel swears by that one :)

Scarie said...

Hey , I have that primer. Got it ina giveaway. It's only ok for me. I have large pores. Loreal Studio secrets smoothing primer is far better. ok so it's basically just silicon but it sinks into my pores, fills every crack and even makes people with a lot of lines seem smoother. Think I gave the Catrice to my mam cos it wasnt as good as the Loreal, but then it was half the price!

Anonymous said...

I've had my eye on this, can't wait to give it a try!

Anonymous said...

oh thank you, need to find them :)

Unknown said...

Hi there Scarie thanks so so much for your input hunny wow really i must give that a try as i would be a great person to test that on hehehe thanks for that :) i have added it to my list ;)

Paula said...

Ohh this sounds like a great product, thanks for putting it on my radar! :)


The Style Diagnostic

Alaa Afifeh said...

Hi sweetie :) thank you for the amazing review. Actually i have combination skin and pores on the noseI dont use foundation but im a big fan of BB creams and tinted sunblocks. So can i use this primer before applying my bb or sunblock ! Can i apply this primer directly on my face without using a moistrizer for example before it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...