Monday 28 November 2011

e.l.f Essential Lipsticks Review Part 2 (Newest editions)

When e.l.f UK (eyeslipsface.co.uk) Pick me as one of their winners for The Bloggers Samples Competition , I was over the moon.  I mean i was literally jumping around the room because they were sending 6 New Essential Line Lipsticks that were not yet even on sale on their site yet.  Now obviously because they had to send samples to 11 bloggers who won they of course couldnt keep you all waiting so they went ahead and put them up for sale on their site anyway :) 
I have finally recieved mine in the post after waiting what seemed like forever for the postman to arrive at my door ( the poor man thought i was going to jump on him when he did eventually arrive hahahaha).  Oh Everyone one thing i have to say is These Babies Were Well Worth Waiting For and so i will go on with the review 
To explain why i have this blog post labelled part 2 is because i already have the older Essential Line Lipsticks from e.l.f Reviewed and i wanted to make this a separate review as these were given to me for free and also they are only new to the site :) :)  To see Part one Click here 
Flirtatious 
This is a beautiful shade at first i was saying to myself" oh man this shade is bright" lol but when applied it actually isnt as bright as it looks in the tube.....This is a beautiful bubblegum pink......this is extra creamy and smooth medium pigmentation.........this is alot more creamy than the ones i got from the uk site......and of course this broke while applied.....but i cant fault the shade at all :) 
Charming
This is a fab everyday shade.......Its a pretty nuetral shade with pink undertones more pink than fantasy.....I like this shade also as it gives me the MLBB (My Lips But Better) look :)  Its so so creamy and actually broke on my first application but is already de potted and i love it :) :) This is ideal for a Beautiful bride for example. 
Nostalgic

Oh wow !!!! Im not one who wears Nude Lipsticks Often and I've always want one that wouldn't make me look like "death warmed up" and guess what I'VE FOUND IT!!!!!!!! Its Not exactly a full blown Nude shade it has a pink undertone to it which is fantastic........It did take a couple of coats to come up on my lips and picture but it is buildable I LOVE IT.  
Sociable
Ok the first thing i noticed on this lippie was the silver glitter in it.  When applied you can feel the glitter on you lips i dont like that.  I mean dont get my wrong its a beautiful highly pigmented lipstick and fantastic to apply but i personally dont like the glitter it felt gritty on my lips.  This is a Medium Pink with a red undertone to it....The picture above is a heavy swatch just to show you how pigmented it is.....It is a pretty colour and so highly pigmented your best bet is to apply a lip liner with this as i found it can bleed otherwise just to keep it in place.  I do find if you kiss anyone with this lippie on your gonna leave them with a pink lips stain mark thats hard to come off hahaha
Captivating
Anyone who ever wanted to try an Orange Lipstick but was afraid to because of their skintone etc.  well this is a perfect orange even for people with a light skintone....Its not a strong orange its more of a Peachy/orange shade and not highly pigmented which is good for me :)  This wouldn't be a favourite of mine even so its still a nice shade :) I found it hard to apply this evenly as you will see in the photo but they are new so i will give it a chance :) 
Fearless
 Just look at this shade....WOW isn't it amazing!!!!This is so so pigmented and again if you Apply a liner with this you wont have any fear of it budging :) as its sooooo creamy :) This is a beautiful Cherry Red......A Little of this goes a very long way and i love it .....It looks amazing on the lips.  This is actually a very wearable red its not the deepest red so dont be afraid :) :) 

"Flirtatious, Charming, Nostalgic, Sociable, Captivating & Fearless" 
"Flirtatious, Charming, Nostalgic, Sociable, Captivating & Fearless"  with flash of camera 
My Overall Opinion 
I am amazed by the quality of these lipsticks.  For the price of them they are unbelievably moisturising, creamy, soft and highly pigmented.  Not only that but there is Plenty of product in each lipstick.  The only thing i find about the is that they are extremely soft if the heat hits them at all and then you apply them, they are going to break on you.  What i do with these is depot them as i find it alot handier and less messy.  You may find some shades might not be suitable for you but alot are very wearable.  At the end of the day for £1.50/$1/€1.70 each you really are gaining more than loosing with these...... I hope this review was helpful to you all and i want to thank e.l.f Cosmetics for giving me this opportunity to do this i really enjoyed trying them and reviewing them :) :) :) 
Until Next Time Take Care All of you 
Love 
Nina C
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

23 comments:

Unknown said...

What do you call cheese that isn't yours? Nacho cheese! ;)

FitznBitz said...

Great review miss!! Just received and reviewed mine today as well!! So surprised at how pigmented they are! :)

Unknown said...

Laura i know im still surprised myself hun and thank you :) :)

dragonfly said...

Q: Why did the blonde put lipstick on her forehead?

A: She was trying to make up her mind.
More Blonde Jokes »

Olga said...

Amazing pigmentation! Wow!

I have been a follower for a long time and I am so happy you won, you deserved it!

So, a joke...

Two women that are dog owners are arguing about which dog is smarter.... First Woman : "My dog is so smart, every morning he waits for the paper boy to come around and then he takes the newspaper and brings it to me. Second Woman : "I know..." First Woman : "How?" Second Woman : "My dog told me."

olgaliki77@gmail.com

Chrisbeeblack said...

The swatches are awesome! And because I'm norwegian I'll tell you a strange norwegian joke :D

Once there was a Norwegian, a Swedish and a Danish guy arguing about who can pee the longest. The danish guy peed 1 meter, the swedish guy peed 5 meters. The norwegian guy peed so long you couldn't see it anymore. The day after, the newspapers wrote "Yellow rain in China!" Haha, awesome joke, right ? xD

Unknown said...

Joke about someone wearing too much makeup: Lose some weight! Take off your makeup! :)

GretalRabbit said...

I love the e.l.f. regular line lipsticks, so glad they've broughtout new shades :) How lovely of you to do this giveaway- thank you! I'm rubbish at jokes, but here's my favourite blonde joke (which is allowed; I'm blonde too!)

A couple of blondes got lost at the mall. So they go to the map, where they see a red arrow that says: "YOU ARE HERE"
One blonde looks at the other and exclaims "WoW! How do they know that?"

xGretalRabbitx

BaSak said...

How come beautiful women never lose a fight?
Because they know how to make-up:)

Vicky Smith said...

Great review and swatches girly! I have classy which I looove (not sure if u have that one in the uk) and have wanted to buy another but was unsure of which color but now I know ;) Nostalgic and fearless will be mine soon :) xoxo

Raven said...

Count me in!
I've been waiting for these lippys for months!
I have two jokes for ya...but one is a bit racy though ^^' Either way, hope you enjoy.

Joke 1:
'A man goes to his doctor and says, "Doctor, Doctor, please help me! I've got a problem."

The doctor examines the man and finds the man has a red ring around his willie. The doctor gives him an ointment to rub on the problem area.

"It's all cleared up!" the man reports when he returns. "But what was that medication you gave me?"

"Lipstick remover."'


Joke 2:
'The French President, is sitting in his office when his telephone rings.

"Hallo, Mr. Sarkozy!" a heavily accented voice said. "This is Paddy down at the Harp Pub in County Clare, Ireland. I am ringing to inform you that we are officially declaring war on you!"

"Well, Paddy," Sarkozy replied, "This is indeed important news! How big is your army?"

"Right now," says Paddy, after a moment's calculation, "there is meself, me cousin Sean, me next door neighbour Seamus, and the entire darts team from the pub. That makes eight!"

Sarkozy paused. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 100,000 men in my army waiting to move on my command."

"Begoora!" says Paddy. "I'll have to ring you back."

Sure enough, the next day, Paddy calls again. "Mr. Sarkozy, the war is still on. We have managed to get us some infantry equipment!"

"And what equipment would that be Paddy?" Sarkozy asks.

"Well, we have two combines, a bulldozer, and Murphy's farm tractor."

Sarkozy sighs amused. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 6,000 tanks and 5,000 armored personnel carriers. Also, I have increased my army to 150,000 since we last spoke."

"Saints preserve us!" says Paddy. "I'll have to get back to you."

Sure enough, Paddy rings again the next day. "Mr. Sarkozy, the war is still on! We have managed to get ourselves airborne! We have modified Jackie McLaughlin's ultra-light with a couple of shotguns in the cockpit, and four boys from the Shamrock Bar have joined us as well!"

Sarkozy was silent for a minute and then cleared his throat. "I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 100 bombers and 200 fighter planes. My military bases are surrounded by laser-guided, surface-to-air missile sites. And since we last spoke, I have increased my army to 200,000!"

"Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!" says Paddy, "I will have to ring you back."

Sure enough, Paddy calls again the next day. "Top o' the mornin', Mr. Sarkozy! I am sorry to inform you that we have had to call off the war."

"Really? I am sorry to hear that," says Sarkozy. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

"Well," says Paddy, "we had a long chat over a few pints of Guinness, and we decided there is no fookin' way we can feed 200,000 prisoners.'
(gotta love the Irish <3)

Maria said...

Three girls all worked in the same office with the same female boss. Each day, they noticed the boss left work early. One day the girls decided that, when the boss left, they would leave right behind her. After all, she never called or came back to work, so how would she know they went home early?

The brunette was thrilled to be home early. She did a little gardening, spent playtime with her son and went to bed early.

The redhead was elated to be able to get in a quick workout at the spa before meeting a dinner date.

The blonde was happy to get home early and surprise her husband, but when she got to her bedroom, she heard a muffled noise from inside.
Slowly and quietly, she cracked open the door and was mortified to see her husband in bed with her lady boss Gently, she closed the door and crept out of her house.

The next day, at their coffee break, the brunette and redhead planned to leave early again and they asked the blonde if she was going to go with them.

“No way,” the blonde exclaimed. “I almost got caught yesterday.

darkfayth said...

How do you make holy water?

You boil the hell out of it

Anonymous said...

Great swatches! So happy you won! You absolutely deserve it :)

Now the joke! I loved it!!!

A man visits God and says "God, do you mind if I ask you a
few questions?" God says "No, ask me anything at all."

So the man says "God, you've been around for a very long time,
so, for you, how long is a thousand years?"

God replies "For me, a thousand years is only five minutes."

The man then says "That's interesting God. And, for you,
how much is a million dollars?"

God replies "For me, a million dollars is only five cents."

The man says "Really? Well then God, could you lend me
five cents please?"

God looks at the man, smiles, and says "Of course my son.
Just wait five minutes!"

icebeautike said...

Paddy O'Connell was staggering home with a pint of booze in his back pocket when he slipped and fell. Struggling to his feet, he felt something wet running down his leg. "Please, God," he implored, "let it be blood!"

Monica - Pisica albastra said...

Oh, boy! I'm in! I've been practicaly drooling over pictures of these for weeks now!
I'll even tell you two jokes instead of one, I'm so happy!

1. A skeleton walks into a bar:
"A beer and a mop, please!"

2.A patient runs into the doctors office:
-"Doctor, doctor i've got a problem!"
-"What's wrong?"
-"I've got a strawberry stuck up my ass"
-"I've got some cream for that."

tizzy_bb said...

Of course I'm in, thank you Nina!

So here's the joke...


A guy finds out that his seriously ill father is soon going to die and that he will inherit a large fortune. He decides to celebrate and spend the night in a company of a pretty woman.
He goes to a singles' bar and sees the most beautiful woman he ever met. Her natural beauty took his breath away.
'I may look like a regular guy' said the man as soon as he approached her, 'but in a couple of weeks, when my father dies, I will inherit over 20 million €!'
The woman agrees to go home with him... And in three days becomes his stepmother!
:D

Anonymous said...

Teacher: "You can`t sleep in class."
Girl: "No, but if you didn`t talk so loudly I could."

Natalie Fisher said...

Two peanuts were walking in a neighbourhood and one of them was a-salted :D Congrats on the lipsticks again :) <3

Anni said...

This is a make-up blog and make-up equals chemistry, so I decided to share some chemistry themed jokes with you, Nina. :)

A: Do you know any jokes about chemistry?
B: Na.


A: Someone should think some chemistry jokes.
B: Yep. All the good ones Argon.

VictoriousBIG said...

Oh my god i'm in love with these lipsticks! So cheap and so pigmented!

I love this joke haha

"I told my wife that a man is like a fine wine... I always get better with age. The next day, she locked me in the wine cellar."

Maka said...

What do you see when you look into a blondes eyes?The back of her head

Sorry, I don´t know many jokes and especially not in english :D

BumBaCicA said...

Three blondes were walking through a field when they came across a set of tracks.The first blonde looked down at the tracks and said,
"I think they could be bird tracks."
The second blonde went to look and said,
"No, I think these are deer tracks."
They stepped aside and the third blonde went over to the tracks. She looked down, then got run over by the train! :D :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...